A new, Laundry List Workbook in-person and Zoom group meeting is starting to work through the Laundry Lists. It will be a weekly meeting starting September 9, 2020.
- “This workbook expands the Fellowship Text’s brief description of the “Other” or Opposite Laundry List (BRB, p.
8). It contains concise questions to guide the recovering adult child in reliving actual episodes that produced
feelings of inferiority, shame, guilt, and anger (emotional intoxication). This workbook outlines a recovery
process for healing the injury and conflict caused by childhood trauma and its continued reenactment, and for
withdrawing from emotional intoxication.”
- It is highly recommended that only individuals who have worked through the 12 Steps and/or the Yellow Book
for ACA attend this workgroup. It requires a high level of commitment and willingness. It is deep, emotional
work and it is not for the faint of heart. The beginning of the Laundry List Workbook states: “This workbook is for
ACA’s who are ready to embark on advanced work on their survival traits. It is designed for ACA’s who have
already gone through all the steps.”
- If you have NOT completed the 12 steps, please order this workbook or look through it and assess your own
level of readiness for this group. If you don’t feel ready, that’s okay.
- First Meeting: Wednesday September 9th from 5:30-6:45 – we will do introductions, cover logistics and provide
an overview of the group, plan out the meetings, etc.
- First Wednesday of the month following that (Oct 7th, Nov 4th, etc.) from 5:30-6:45pm
- Regular, monthly attendance is requested in order to build trust and consistency within the group
- Each month, you will also meet with a fellow traveler outside of the regular meeting (the meeting takes place at
your comfort level – in person, over zoom, over the phone, etc.) You may choose to meet once or stay in
consistent communication throughout the month. It is up to you.
- Doug’s home in Saint Paul: 184 Howell St. North and over Zoom (link will be sent to Zoom participants)
- Text/call Doug for directions: 612-297-7334